Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme

Homes for Ukraine: record your interest

If you want to offer a home to people fleeing Ukraine, you can become a ‘sponsor’ as part of the Homes for Ukraine scheme.

Use this service to record your interest in becoming a sponsor. You can do this as an individual or as an organisation.

Phase One of the scheme opened on 18 March for visa applications from Ukrainian applicants who have named people in the UK willing to sponsor them. Either the Ukrainian or the sponsor can complete the application. One application is required per individual coming to the UK.

Visas are already being issued.

You can read more about the Homes for Ukraine scheme.

If you already know someone

If you already know a Ukrainian national (or immediate family member) who you want to sponsor, you can help them apply for a visa under the Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme.

If they do not have a sponsor, they will be matched with people or organisations who have recorded their interest through this service.

Who can record their interest

Anyone in the UK with a spare room or home can use this service, as long as:

  • you can offer accommodation for at least 6 months
  • if you’re not a British citizen, you have leave to remain in the UK for at least 6 months

People who sponsor a Ukrainian individual or family will not see their household benefit entitlements affected.

Scotland and Wales Super Sponsorship

The Scottish and Welsh Government’s super sponsor scheme removes the need for applicants to be matched prior to being given permission travel to the UK.   Ukrainian individuals can apply through the usual form but should choose the Scottish or Welsh Government as their sponsor.

They will usually be housed in a hotel while their wishes and needs are assessed and an onwards plan is made, which for many people may include placement with a host.

There is nothing to stop a person with a visa under the Homes for Ukraine scheme travelling to England any time they want.

Record your interest as an individual

Start now as an individual

Record your interest as an organisation

Start now as an organisation

What happens next?

The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) will contact you about your interest.

You can read more about being a sponsor, including responsibilities, checks, and how you can support your guests.

If you have a family member fleeing Ukraine

You do not need to record your interest as a sponsor if you have a family member fleeing Ukraine. They should apply for the Ukraine Family Scheme visa instead.

Back to News & Events